Pancakes and Waffles are something I like to have whenever it is cold or on rainy days.
There is something about pancakes and waffles that makes you go into a happy place.
Creating this recipe was such a fun experience. No dairy, no gluten, no refined sugar and done so quickly.
Make this whenever you feel that you need some Yummy food for your mind, body and soul.
• 2 Cups of rolled oats
• 2 eggs (if you want - some prefer with eggs)
• 1 Large very ripe banana
• 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
• 1 Teaspoon Coconut Oil
• 1 1/2 Cups Almond Milk (or 1 Cup of Almond Milk and 1/2 Cup of Water)
For the pancake, you will need to add more liquid, follow the recipe above and then slowly add liquid (almond milk or water) to change the batter.
1. Mash the banana in a large bowl and add Cinnamon.
2. Add rolled oats
3. Add the Almond Milk (water) and use a hand held blender to blend together.
4. Add the coconut oil onto a medium high heat fry pan. When the coconut oil is liquid, transfer it to the batter. Mix well.
5. If the batter is thick, use it to make waffles. Add more water or Almond Milk for the pancakes.
6. Add the batter to the pan. Flip the pancakes when little bubbles appear over the surface of the pancakes.
I like this on it’s own, the very ripe banana gives enough sweetness to the pancake.
Feel free to add honey on top if you need more sweetness in your life.
You can also serve these with fresh fruit and yoghurt on top.
I love creating new versions of this recipe, so keep an eye for the next one.
© Copyright - Pascale R | Balance HQ